Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Problems with

Hi everyone.

I recently sold my 2009 MacBook Pro for a new iMac 21.5" i7. I love it so very much, especially having a higher resolution (and larger screen) to work with.

I'm having a bit of an issue booting up my iMac. I can only boot up successfully if all USB and Firewire devices that have a hard drive are turned off. (My USB camera doesn't have a power on it, so I have to leave it unplugged when I boot up.) Otherwise I get a white screen.

What I currently have plugged in...

Glyph 1TB Firewire Drive (Must be Unplugged)

250GB USB Drive (Must be Turned off)

Casio Exilim camera (Must be unplugged)

It's not a huge issue for me, but I'm just wondering if there's a solution to fix this? No worries either way...I just need to remember to boot the computer up with these devices off/unplugged at first.

Still, what a beautiful machine!

Robert

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 6:39 AM

Oops, my FireWire Drive doesn't have to be unplugged...just turned off. (Thank goodness...unplugging things from the back of the iMac every time would DEFINITELY be a problem I wouldn't like.)

1 reply

Boot Problems with

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.