Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S battery percentage wrong

Has anyone noticed the displayed battery percentage being incorrect?

I've seen a couple of examples. Once when I let my iPhone 4S drain down to 1% and then continued to use a GPS app for another 20 minutes until the phone turned off. Another example was last night when my iPhone 4S charged up to full at 96% (notice the plug ni the battery indicator).

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S-OTHER, iOS 5, AT&T 32 GB

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 11:24 AM

Recalibrate your battery:

Let the battery drain on its own until the phone shuts off. Then charge to full. Do not do this more often than every 2 ~ 3 months or so.

9 replies

May 21, 2012 10:47 AM in response to Morac

additional info:

after recalibration my battery able to fully charge to 100%. but the percentage indicator still inaccurate. I compare it to my battery+ app. when the indicator shows fully charged, in contrary the battery app still shows the battery charge not done yet and need less than an hour to fully charge. so the question here is how to get the software percentage indicator back to be accurate again.

hope others can help too. thanks.

iPhone 4S battery percentage wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.