Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems sending email with Googlemail / Googleapps on Lion Mail and Browsers

Hi,

Can anyone let me know if this is a known issue with incompatibility between Googlemail and Apple Lion, Mail 5.1, Safari 5.1 and Google Chrome 15.0.874.121 on Lion?

I am having problems using Googlemail (I use Google Apps for business with my own domain) with Lion based clients AND web browsers.

There are many problems and they are frequent but intermittant. However, they are annoying enough to cause serious productivity problems.

I can receive email OK. However, sending is a different story and sending attachments also a big problem.

I am using IMAP (imap.gmail.com) on my client and Safari and Chrome when using webmail.

Sometimes I have problems sending from the Mail client. The smtp.gmail.com server seems to be online and OK but keeps rejecting outgoing mail. At first it's as though some outgoing mail server settings are incorrect, but they are all OK. Using a different outgoing mail server works in MOST cases when this happens. However, not every day.

The Webmail will not let me attach files to outgoing messages returning "attachment failed". Also, the browsers seem to struggle when navigating Google Apps mail and dashboard returning frequent errors.

Google support struggles with these issues and also do not support Lion, Mail 5.1.

Can anyone tell me if this is just me or is it a common problem / point me in the direction of another thread?

Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 12:14 PM

There are no replies.

Problems sending email with Googlemail / Googleapps on Lion Mail and Browsers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.