Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Bug - iWork '09 - Recording voiceover / narrative

According to support discussions and various YouTube tutorials, one is supposed to record a narration like this:

Hit "record" (from file menu; it's also available under "play")

The screen goes full-screen with black background.

There's a red record button in the top left corner.

You're supposed to feel fine about the fact that your mouse suddenly doesn't work at all.

Anyway,

Then you talk and Keynote detects your voice and starts recording.

Then you hit the space bar to advance to the next slide. UNLESS PRESSING THE SPACE BAR IMMEDIATELY RETURNS YOU TO THE NORMAL window, e.g. you cannot record a voiceover or narration. Pressing the space bar acts the same as pressing "Escape" for me.

Again:

I go into record mode

I talk

I hit space bar to advance to the next slide

Instead of going to the next slide, the screen goes out of full-screen mode and returns me to the normal window.

This ain't working for me. Naturally, I have one day to get this presentation out the door! Guess I'll use PowerPoint or, in a moment of complete overkill, iMovie.

Unless y'all can save me from this fate...?

iWork Keynote -OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iWork '90 iWork 09 Keynote 09 audio

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 2:18 PM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2011 6:32 AM in response to magdalen23

That wasn't the original place where your post was made. You originally posted in the Using Apple Support Communities forum. The Hosts apparently moved the thread after I posted and forgot to make mention of the move as they usually do.

BTW, you replied to John below but I think you meant to reply to me, so don't be surprised if John gets confused by your reply.

Regards.

Keynote Bug - iWork '09 - Recording voiceover / narrative

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.