Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix error message 13014

My Ipod Classic suddenly won't sync with my macbook pro..."Unknown Error (13014) ipod cannot be synched."

Every help article refers to an iphone or an HP. I've already disconnected, reset etc. I just downloaded a bunch of songs from itunes and don't want to uninstall and reinstall to find out I'm going to lose all my new music...anything else I can do first?

Thanks-

Jennifer

iPod classic, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 9:15 PM

Put your ipod in diagnostic mode and check your hard drive on the ipod. Mine stopped syncing and froze all the time and i checked the hard drive on it and found out my hard drive is dead...

Hold menu and the center button until the ipod resets. When the apple icon pops up hold the center button and the left arrow till the diagnostic comes up press menu go to IO>Hard drive>HDSMARTData and check and see if you have high Reallocs numbers..

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2011 9:15 PM in response to sextonfromnull

Put your ipod in diagnostic mode and check your hard drive on the ipod. Mine stopped syncing and froze all the time and i checked the hard drive on it and found out my hard drive is dead...

Hold menu and the center button until the ipod resets. When the apple icon pops up hold the center button and the left arrow till the diagnostic comes up press menu go to IO>Hard drive>HDSMARTData and check and see if you have high Reallocs numbers..

how to fix error message 13014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.