Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Pop MobileMe account stopped working last week

Hi. My POP mobileme account had been working after I converted it to icloud but suddenly stopped working last week telling me

"The server returned the error: The attempt to send data to the server “(null)” failed."

No settings would allow me to get email on my POP account and I had to set a new account up ith icloud POP

Is there any way I can get my icloud mac.com account to work with POP mail rather than IMAP

Many Thanks

Vern Dempster

Manager Information Services

Mahurangi College

Warkworth

New Zealand 64 9 425 8039 ext 721

021 769 314

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Using Mail

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 8:25 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2011 11:53 PM in response to Vern Dempster

iCloud mail is IMAP and was always advertised as such. MobileMe mail could be set to POP by request, and there was evidently a legacy result where such accounts continued to work in iCloud using POP (it's basically all the same servers anyway, just the access route has changed). POP access was turned off a week or two back: only IMAP is available.

Nov 30, 2011 8:11 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you, Roger. I actually had to delete the iCloud account and add it again. It works fine now. However, I am amazed that .mac subscribers did not get any email notification or similar from Apple regarding this issue. They certainly have no hesitation getting in touch for commercial reasons. Surely there must have been a substantial amount of people experiencing the same migration (pop-imap) issues.

My Pop MobileMe account stopped working last week

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.