Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen sharing freezes the computer: an obvious bug of Lion

Hi to everyone,

I see on the Apple Support Communities also other users have my same problem: I have a iMac on which are enabled both Screen Sharing and Fast User Switching and it stays switched on all the day with a logged account but in the lock screen(because after 5 minutes of inactivities the screen is locked automatically and ask again for the user password).

When I connect remotely via Screen Sharing from my MacBookPro (or iPad or another computer) to the iMac, the iMac freezes (it appears the coloured circle) and the only way is to force the swhich off of the iMac by pressing and holding down the power button.

I also see that if I connect to the iMac from the MacBookPro (or iPad or abother computer) while the user is logged in and it's not in the lock screen, there isn't the problem; so the problem only occours when I try to connect to a Mac via Screen Sharing, with Fast User Switching enabled and with a user logged in in lock screen.

I also tried to format another mac (of my friend), enable the Screen Sharing, enable the Fast User Switching, login with a newly user, lock the screen and connect with another mac (o iPad) and the problem also occours.. so I verified that the problem is not in my computer configuration, but is in Lion.

I contacted the Apple Italian Support (using the 30 days support of my friend's just bought computer) and reported the problem; none of the solution they've provided to me solved the problem, so the Apple Italian Support recognized that it's a Lion bug and told me that it will be reported to Apple's Development Team.

So if any other user has my same problem, he could reply this post and contact it's local Support Center reporting it, so that more users report this bug and more possibility we have to see it solved.

I hope this post could help someone.

Have a nice days.

Regards.

Andrea Bozzano

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 4:44 AM

11 replies

Nov 30, 2011 5:18 AM in response to NathanL1192

Hi Nathan,

I've already submitted the problem to the Apple's Support via phone.. but I think that submitting it via web could not be a bad thing, even if I submitted to Apple's Support another minor bug some mouths ago and it has not be solved yet: I think that feedbacks via web form are not so "considered" 😟

Thanks anyway for your suggestion 🙂

Regards.
Andrea

Screen sharing freezes the computer: an obvious bug of Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.