Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail down again?

Even though the iCloud status page says all is working, I can not access mail from either Mail on the Mac or Mail from iCloud.com.

Anyone else seeing this?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Parallels for XP-32, W7

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 6:17 AM

14 replies

Nov 30, 2011 6:45 AM in response to JohnZonie

My husband and I are having this problem as well. It has been like this since yesterday morning. Our contacts and calendars work fine on every device and in the browser - it is only Mail affected. I have been through several hours with the Genius Bar and with the Live Chat Support and it has baffled them all. They have informed me that all they can do is 'escalate' the case to their Senior Advisor Team, who will be in touch within 48 hours.

Nov 30, 2011 4:26 PM in response to JohnZonie

I agree that it is frustrating Apple does not update the status page with all the problems with iCloud; however, I am sure it is due to the the fact that only a few users are affected (as evidenced by little to no media coverage). It does remind me of the early days of MobileMe. If Jobs was still around I bet he would be yelling at the iCloud team like he yelled at the MobileMe team.

Anyway, Mail has been down for 3 full days and it is starting to hurt. If it goes another day or so, I will need to switch to using another service (cable provider, Gmail, etc.) for my primary email.

Dec 1, 2011 8:08 AM in response to Willy Kaemena2

Even though you can log in to iCloud indicating your password is fine, it is not. Try resetting your password! After resetting the password, email works fine, along with everything else on iCloud.

(I suspect "something" happened to the iCloud password database since nothing changed from one night to the next morning on 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, an iMac and a MacPro at my location.)

Dec 1, 2011 4:16 PM in response to JohnZonie

Thanks, JohnZonie.

I had not received email for 4 days but other iCloud services were fine. I changed my iCloud password and email seems to be working again. I am not sure if it had anything to do with it but my old password did not conform to the current requirements; i.e., at least one capital letter, one number, etc.I also agree with JohnZonie that something must have happened to the password database.

Dec 1, 2011 4:54 PM in response to selovell

I was going through the same thing. I called Apple Support with no avail this morning. All services but my email were working correctly. I decided to change my password even though I thought it shouldn't matter. As selovell mentioned above, theres new password requirements (at least one number, and at least one capital letter). My old password didn't have a capital letter and when I changed the password to include one, I was back in business.

So I would conclude, that since this problem is intermittant, the new password requirements are what is causing the problems. I'm back up and running fine now. I emailed the advisor that I spoke to earlier at Apple Support to let him know my findings earlier this afternoon.

Dec 2, 2011 12:52 AM in response to JohnZonie

I still have not heard from the Apple advisor, but my husband and I changed our Apple ID passwords as per JohnZonie's post above and that worked. We can now access email on all devices and receive and send. So thank you very much, JohnZonie! The only minus is that any email received between when it went down and when we changed the password seems to be lost. Our inboxes had no new messages from during the down time, which we both know is incorrect (not least because we had sent a variety of test messages from our work emails). But much better to be up and running at the very least! Many thanks to this forum for helping us resolve this.

Mail down again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.