Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unfair reset?

Hi everybody,

I tried to resolve this writing to Apple but there is absolutely no reply in 2 years time... This is not an hardware or software failure, at least not mine, so I suppose this is the best place to post...
I don't know why but the Apple discussions keeps resetting my account, I'm a registered user with .Mac since it was free and Apple Discussions since 2000 and periodically the system keeps resetting my account: now it seems I'm a registered user only since 30/08/2005 and I have only 8 posts on my "history". At that rate I think I will never get rewarded with points unless I spend my life on that forum; this is not very important but would be useful to increase my status level, that was the original meaning, no?.
Could I have an explanation? Thank you in advance.

AlBook 15" 1Ghz - 768mb Ram Mac OS X (10.4.4) PowerMac G3 Beige, iMac 400Mhz, iPod 20Gb (Touch Wheel)

Posted on Feb 7, 2006 8:07 AM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2006 1:17 AM in response to Colin Robinson

Hi Collin,

thanks to answer. That could be but I see that you have 1790 posts, don't tell me they are all online at the moment!! Then why the new system would have reset my original registering date and not yours for example? Don't understand...
Another thing, recently when I log on the Forum, the visualization of this Forum changes, when I'm logged no button appears, all graphical aspect is gone, is this for temporary server maintenance?

Regards,

Scan

Feb 8, 2006 9:56 AM in response to Scan

Hi Scan,

Just checked 'My Posts' and there are 1790 online at the moment. Been a bit busy in the Nano and iTunes Forums.

I don't know why your date was reset - did you reregister at any point? I had troubles logging in one day and the system offered to set me up as a new user but I declined and waited until I could log on.

I'm not sure which buttons disappear when you log in as everything looks ok when I log in.

Hope it gets fixed for you soon.

Best wishes,
Colin R.

Unfair reset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.