Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Won't Connect to Web

My Macbook Pro will connect to the internet at home just fine. It connected and worked at the Apple Store today just fine. However, at my office it will say it is connected, but will not open a web page. Doesn't matter if it's wireless or with ethernet plugged in.

I've tried the numerous suggestions I can find online such as delete the Airport then add it back. Delete the Systems Configuration folder then restart. Hold command, control, R and P then restart and let it make the restart noise 4 times.

None of this has fixed the issue. It has to be the Mac because my work PC laptop connects and runs webpages just fine (on it now).

My last resort would be to save everything I need from the mac and totally reboot it. But I'd like that to be a last resort.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 12:54 PM

5 replies

Dec 1, 2011 9:12 AM in response to MB256

Last night, I posted a similar issue (in the MacBook Pro section) and got one other response (from someone having a similar issue). A few minutes ago, I talked with a co-worker who also has a 2nd job at an Apple Genious Bar. He is experiencing WiFi issues on several of our office computers after upgrading to 10.6.8 and recommended calling Apple. My extended warranty may have expired, so not sure if I want to pay for a call. I'm thinking of moving to 10.7. Sorry I can't be of more help, but if you discover anything, please share.

Dec 1, 2011 9:26 AM in response to MB256

None of us have any insight into the configuration of your work network as you provided no details. If your computer connects fine at other locations then I suspect you have a work network configuration issue. Maybe your network admin set up some sort of security which is not allowing you to access the Internet.

But how would we know? Check with your admin.

Dec 12, 2015 4:47 PM in response to MB256

I was connecting to my Wi-Fi but could not access the net. BUT, I bought a VPN and turned it on -- I connect and access normally.

Then I found somewhere else to open System Preferences, go to Network, and where Location says Automatic, add the name of the Wi-Fi location you are using. That worked for me and access is normal without the VPN.

Macbook Pro Won't Connect to Web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.