Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Brushes going crazy

Hello,

I'm using MacBook Pro. i5. - Mac OS Lion 10.7.2 - Aperture 3.2.1

When using any kind of brush on the image it behaves sporadically. From 247 to 530 or so my brush size does not change it only moves up or down or it completely disappears. Also when I hover on top the brush window to change size, softness or anything i have to click several time for it to register then i can make changes and if I hover on the brush window bar where the name of the brush is the mouse pointer tends to disappear and appear in a different places that also happens when im applying the brush to an image, I see the effect getting applied somewhere else on the image rather than where my brush is.

I have contacted apple on Oct. 13th 2011, they have sent the problem to engeneering.

Does anyone have encountered this issue at all?

Aperture was working fine untill after few updates in Lion.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 1:15 PM

13 replies

Dec 1, 2011 3:09 PM in response to Onaissi

Same problem here .. Yeah I'm leaning on it being a video problem with the latest update because it seems to not be limited to a specific editing software .. I have the same problems when using brushes in Aperture, Lightroom & Photoshop.

Actually it seemed to work fine right out of the box (Macbook Pro with Lion pre-installed) .. After updating lion to 10.7.2 is when the problem started for me.

I have the Intel HD 3000

Dec 30, 2011 6:39 PM in response to Onaissi

I have been experiencing this same issue on a new mac mini running lion and aperture. Today I went to a local mac store and tried to recreate the issue on all of their machines, the result was that the Imacs and the 15 and 17 inch MBPs did not demonstrate the problem, however the 13 inch MBP and the 11 and 13 inch
MBAs both did. The machines demonstrating the problem were all dual core, and all utilising intel HD 3000.

I am satisfied that it is not an issue with corrupt software on my machine or faulty hardware specific to me.

Hopefully this can be remedied soon.

Aperture Brushes going crazy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.