Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5.1.2 can't connect to the server

Just a few days ago, my Safari 5.1.1 stopped loading pages, and I keep getting a "can't connect to server" error. Chrome and Firefox work just fine. My airport connection is clearly still working, and I can get mail as well. My family member's machine is running Safari with no issues.

I've tried reseting Safari, restarting my computer several times, and re-installing Safari, but nothing is working. The last thing I did the day before it happened was install Nik Color Efex pro 4, a Photoshop plugin, but that shouldn't affect anything. I installed it in the afternoon and Safari was running just fine the rest of the day. I also installed it on my family member's machine, and her Safari is still working perfectly.

I'm using the latest version of Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and am fully updated on everything else. I thought maybe the latest 5.1.2 would fix the issue, but it's still not loading pages. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 2:57 PM

Well, I figured out what it was. I must have accidentally blocked one of Safari's connections through little snitch. If anyone else has problems, make sure you aren't blocking Safari or Apple connections in little snitch config.

2 replies

Safari 5.1.2 can't connect to the server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.