Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Email - Problem with attachments

When sending even minimally small attachements (less than 1 MB PDF, for example), my outgoing mail slowly drops until 0 kb/s when sending and it stays half done.

However, although the Mail App on my Mac says that it has NOT sent yet, it actually has.

Thus, I have ended up sending multiple copies of the same email to co-workers and clients.

Anyone else have this problem? I didn't have any issues until I made the switch to iCloud, so I don't believe it's a problem with my network/ISP.

Thoughts?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 1:27 PM

7 replies

Jul 3, 2012 8:28 PM in response to Burgah

I experienced the same result but have a temporary workaround in addition to SunBurn's post. I save PDFs in Quickbooks to send invoices to my customers but they won't attach. If I import the PDF into Photoshop, flatten it, and attach the flattened version of the PDF, it works like it should. If you get lost trying to fiddle with settings and just need a fast solution so you can get on with your life, this one currently works for me.

Aug 27, 2012 2:26 AM in response to Burgah

Using Chrome, when I forward emails the attachments are stripped. When I go to "sent" in icloud in Chrome, it shows the attachments are there. When I go to my iPhone and check sent items, the list shows a paperclip indicating there is an attachment, however when I actually open up the sent item, there are no attachments at all.

Having some really annoying icloud problems now, such as contacts and calendars not syncing, not being able to send from my iphone etc.

iCloud Email - Problem with attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.