Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Control Panel does not start after Nov 29th update

iCloud Control Panel was updated on my PC using Windows 7 yesterday. Since then when I go to control panel and try to open iCloud, nothing happens. Not even a blink. If I try to open Outlook, it freezes. Anybody having the same issue? Thanks.

iCloud 1.0.1-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 2:51 PM

32 replies

Dec 2, 2011 7:02 AM in response to ghivi01

Exact same thing!!! iCloud was working pretty good until the patch sent out last week. Even after un-installing iCloud, still having issues with iTunes loading, (unless I launch it right after boot). Outlook did return to normal, including returning my contacts. The only thing I can say is DUMP iCloud until Apple gets off their butt and fixes this piece of malware!!!

Dec 2, 2011 1:08 PM in response to ghivi01

I have the same issue with Itunes. It freezes and will not work after doing the icloud update recently. Here is the temporary solution that i have found.

After opening itunes go to task manager (through Ctrl+Alt+Del) and end the process called "APSDaemon.exe*32". After doing that itunes will start working but if you close it then you will have to restart your computer and redo the process to get it to work again.

If anyone finds a more permanent solution please post it. Thanks,

Dec 4, 2011 6:00 AM in response to ghivi01

Apple is in denial on this. I spent 4 hours in chat with them to tell me it was a PC problem. The 11/29 update 1.0.1 is the culprit. I downloaded it on my desktop and iCloud will not run and Outlook will not open with the iCloud addin.

My laptop is on the original iCloud and is still running fine.

DO NOT download iCloud 1.0.1! There is not fix that I am aware of and Apple Support is no help.

Dec 4, 2011 7:00 AM in response to Danno3

Until Apple decides to accept responsibility and fix this issue you will need to get rid of iCloud. It's too bad because before Apple decided to throw out the patch/malware, it actually worked kind of neat. So, this is what I've done to regain control over Outlook and iTunes; re-boot the pc, launch iCloud control panel and sign out, saving data to your computer when asked. Under add/remove programs, un-install iCloud, re-boot again. Go to windows control panel under folder option, second tab (view) select "show hidden files, folders & drives" and select ok. Now double click on your "C" drive and do a "Control F" (for find). In the search box type APSDaemon.exe and hit search. Right click on this file and hit Delete sending it to your recycle bin. You may want to cut this file out of your recycle bin and place it in a temp folder until you are sure everything is working properly. You should now be able to use Outlook and iTunes without them hanging. In Outlook, under contacts you will need to move your contacts from iCloud contacts back to your default contacts folder. Under iCloud contacts do a "Control A" and drag your contacts back to their default location.

Hope this helps, in the future I will be vary leery of installing anymore Apple patches.

I am a PC and Apple trashed me!

Dec 5, 2011 9:48 AM in response to ghivi01

Been on the phone to Apple Support for 3 hours today, but ended up where we started - that is, with all the same problems.

Apple have gone away with some of my system status reports to 'investigate the problem'.

In the mean time, I have no addresses and calendar entries in my Outlook!

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of V 1.0.0 of iCloud Control Panel for Windows? Apple Support could come up with it. At least that basically worked.

Jan 31, 2012 3:44 PM in response to ghivi01

The main issue with this is still unclear even for apple, and it does not happen very often at all.

best solution is to create a new user on the pc just for icloud control panel.

do not open up itunes on the new user ever cause it will stop icloud from working.

on the main user id uninstall itunes and icloud and redownload them.

only open up itunes on the main user and on the second user only use icloud.

dont open up icloud on the one for itunes and vice versa, after testing it that is one way that solved it.

< Edited By Host >

Dec 6, 2011 10:00 PM in response to ghivi01

Same Problem here:

Windows 7 x64

Outlook 2007 32 bit

Latest iTunes + iCloud.

Outlook freezes on opening. Killing the APSDaemon process (Apple Push) immediately releases Outlook for 'normal' operation. However, iCloud push does not work without APSDaemon!

Have tried all sorts, google search, uninstall all apple software, re-install etc. Wasted 4 hours so far.

I have now prevented APSDaemon from running altogether because I need to use my computer.

Have a new iPhone arriving tommorrow or Friday, if I cant use iCloud sync I might send it back.

iCloud Control Panel does not start after Nov 29th update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.