Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xbox 360 Controller not recognized by Macbook.

I just bought an xbox 360 controller to play games with it while programing it through a software. When I first plug it in, the Mac recognizes the controller. If I unplug it and then plug it in again, the 360 controller lights will flash, but it won;t recognize it. If I restart my computer, plug it in, its fine again. Now, if I plug it in, it works, un plug it, but plug it into a different usb port, it will work again. Once I've used one port, it won't work with it and will have to restart my Mac. Any help would be great, Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Macbook (Unibody)

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 2:48 PM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2011 4:37 PM in response to Ale47099

I installed this driver:

http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

And now my MBP reliably recognizes the controller (evident by it showing me what commands it is receiving in the preference pane created by this driver), but I've found that getting an individual game to behave nicely with the controller is a whole other ball of wax...good luck.

Xbox 360 Controller not recognized by Macbook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.