Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1g iPod nano recall replacement model?

Has anyone received the replacement yet? Was it the same model? Any new features?

iPod nano

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 8:36 PM

16 replies

Dec 20, 2011 8:03 AM in response to planb77

They just can't turn them over quickly enough? I have waited over a month, which I think is more than fair for a replacement. In that time they must have received hundreds of thousands or more of the original 1gb nanos. So I doubt they ran out of those to repair and send back out. Unless of course the repair time took longer than expected thus causing them to swtich to the 6th gen replacements. I'm not sure what is going on. I do consider myself fortunate for getting a 6th gen, since I am interested in the added functionality. thanks for the response, can you add more detail if known?

Dec 20, 2011 8:40 AM in response to Laid-Off Pete

They don't repair the returned iPods, they replace them with refurbished units they already have (had) in stock. I assume the iPods that have been returned will be recycled in some manner or another.

If I understand you correctly (if I'm not, just say so 🙂 ), you are asking for more information about the 6G Nano. If that is the case, a good place to start would be the iPod's User Guide.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPod_nano_6thgen_User_Guide.pdf

B-rock

Jan 6, 2012 2:52 PM in response to Medhead7777

To give you guys waiting some hope. My 2gb was returned 15th November. Apple acknowledged it on 9 December and then no change to my status until today when I received a silver 8gb 6th gen. looks new. (and now the status says shipped!!) Thanks Apple. ps. I’m in London.🙂 pps. miss the olde track wheel though.

Jan 12, 2012 12:11 PM in response to Medhead7777

Just got my replacement. I'm a lucky boy. Brand new 6th gen 8gig.

As I have an iPhone and am not a runner god knows if I'll ever use it.

Still nice Christmas present next year for a granddaughter perhaps? Or then not as I just gave them a pink iPod 2nd gen this year.

Anyway, yes it seems, if your still waiting, looks like you'll get a new one.

I have to say its a beautiful piece of work.

Basic cook

1g iPod nano recall replacement model?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.