Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX Rendering again each time restart / reboot ?

Hey all

FCPX is rendering my project again each time I restart it up or each time I open it up again after a reboot.

I dont think its a FULL re-render as it doesnt take a huge amount of time, but yet its still doing it.

I have allowed my project to FULLY render each time before I close the program.

Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 12:13 AM

27 replies

Dec 6, 2011 12:47 AM in response to nolanscott

nolanscott wrote:

Try and delete the Preference Files...

Use the Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Are you using a RAID set-up...?

(have heard that renders are being lost from the last opened project using such a set-up)

Regards

Nolan

Hi

Has anyone used this Preference Manager app?

I'm not sure what Raid is.

Dec 6, 2011 12:49 AM in response to shippo_uk

shippo_uk wrote:

.... I dont think its a FULL re-render as it doesnt take a huge amount of time, but yet its still doing it. ...

I noticed this behavior once due to a 'sleepy' external usb-HDD.

for unknow reasons, the spin-up time was extremely long.

so, FCPX decided "no drive, no files, back to square#1, let's render",

after the usbHDD showed up in Finder, FCPX realized 'no need for re-doing that'.-

work-around:

• faster drives

• give all ext. HDDs a slap on the back-head by opening any files in FInder, THEN launch FCPX .....-

Dec 6, 2011 2:40 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

Don't use USB drives. Get Disksomnia from Digital Heaven. ...

for an hobbyist like me, that is a cost-factor ... usb is dead cheap (before the floods in Thailand..), my 2TB WD drives are reliable.

and as forum member Ian also says: for smaller projects no problem at all.

probs occured ON use of Disksomnia 🙂

somehow MY drives felt asleep ...

like me: too much coffee makes me dizzy .-

now, no extras installed - all fine.

Dec 6, 2011 4:47 PM in response to shippo_uk

Just experiencing the same issue and think I have worked out what caused it for me.

Duplicated a project with 75Gb of render files, checked copy render files in dialogue box.

Renamed project prior to completion of copying render files.

Started editing and rendering etc, restart app and lost all rendering.

Re-render files, move to event browser and back to event, renders ok, restart app, renders lost.

Checked Event folder on HDD (12TB Raid) and only 43GB of files in folder.

Started event duplication process again, (yes I deleted the previous event)

Duplicated event, with render files, let them all copy across, Background task manager confirmed complete.

Checked that full amount of render files in the folder, ok.

renamed event, make some changes and render

-quit and restart app, all ok!

Hope this helps and curious to know if this is what others may have done and is what is causing issues.

Tony

(crickey, anyone else finding this event/sequence/timeline/program/project terminolgy shift confusing?)

Jan 24, 2012 10:28 AM in response to shippo_uk

I have the same issue. Along with what seems to be a related problem with lost text from titles. That is, titling doesn't CAUSE the issue, but rather it's the most problematic symptom for me.

When I modify a title (put in text), FCPX renders it. The next time I launch the project, FCPX not only seems to have lost it's render file (the topic of this thread), but when it re-renders, it loses the "custom" text. It reverts to lorem ipsum or picks up text from another title in the project.

Usually, it will "remember" one of several title sequences. Which makes me wonder if it's a result of something that I'm doing wrong, project-flow-wise, especially since it seems to be the last-entered title that "sticks". I generally duplicate a title from earlier in the timeline as a starting point for a new one so that I don't have to start over with timing and formatting--maybe that's related.

I realize that this is a symptom rather than a cause of the re-render-at-launch issue, but it's rather annoying to have to redo all my text entry every time I launch a project--far more annoying than simply waiting for it to re-render. If it re-rendered CORRECTLY, I wouldn't mind waiting. Aside from the core issue of re-rendering at launch, is there maybe a better/different way or me to be working in order to avoid lost work on re-render?

Mar 1, 2012 8:55 AM in response to rhodiad

I just opened a project I created in an earlier version of FCPX, and it re-rendered.

Fair enough I thought so I let it do its thing.

I archived off a copy of the video for safe keeping and burned it to disc. Quit FCPX.

Went back into FCPX a few minutes later and guess what? Yep, its rendering it AGAIN.

I therefore assume this bug has still not been fixed in 10.0.3 then 😟

FCPX Rendering again each time restart / reboot ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.