Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5th Gen Nano and Apple Headphones with Remote and Mic issue

I recently bought the Apple Headphones with Remote and Mic for my 5th Generation iPod Nano. My issue is with the remote; using the buttons for play/pause, forward/back work fine, but volume control doesn't. Pressing the + and - buttons does nothing to increase or decrease the volume. Has anyone else had similar issues or did I just buy a defective unit?

Not sure if it means anything but while the headphones work fine with my MacBook Pro, the controls won't work with it at all, nor does the microphone (the MBP doesn't detect it). According to the support page the headphones are compatible with the 5th Gen Nano, so unless something has changed I'd think I should be able to use the volume controls with it, seeing as how the other controls work fine.

Also for anyone considering getting them, I found them to be far more comfortable to wear than the original headphones, but the bass seems to be nonexistent. 😟

iPod nano, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 5:29 AM

There are no replies.

5th Gen Nano and Apple Headphones with Remote and Mic issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.