Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto events all showing the same picture

All my events in iphoto are showing the same picture and I have to click on each one to see what is behind it so furstrating can anyone help me

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 3:48 PM

5 replies

Dec 1, 2011 11:30 PM in response to Yer_Man

I am not that computer literate and this computer is just a year old so didn't expect any trouble with it this early. How would your reccommend I back up did that on some dvds a while back but when I tried to put them back on computer said they were unreadable. I am sweating here as all the photos are of my grandchildren and I don't want to lose them. Also now when I try to close iphoto down it just starts to update and continues to do this so I have to force quit.

Dec 2, 2011 12:56 AM in response to emilyfromlurgan

This is a software issue. There's no wear and tear involved here, so the age of the computer doesn't come into it.

Most Simple Back Up

Drag the iPhoto Library from your Pictures Folder to another Disk. This will make a copy on that disk.

Slightly more complex:

Use an app that will do incremental back ups. This is a very good way to work. The first time you run the back up the app will make a complete copy of the Library. Thereafter it will update the back up with the changes you have made. That makes subsequent back ups much faster. Many of these apps also have scheduling capabilities: So set it up and it will do the back up automatically. Examples of such apps: Chronosync or DejaVu . But are many others. Search on MacUpdate

Regards

TD

iphoto events all showing the same picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.