Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send email from @me.com address using iCloud and iOS 5

Hi,

I have an AppleID that dates back from mac.com days, so it's say, myName@mac.com

I then transitioned through to MobilMe and so have a myName@me.com address. Now it's iCloud's turn.

When I go to set up my newly transitioned iCloud account, I enter myName@me.com as my AppleID - everything goes fine, except that my AppleID and from email address gets changed to myName@mac.com. I cannot send email at all from my iOS 5 devices using myName@me.com. It won't even present it as a choice in my 'from' field - although I can pick other aliases I have created.

I tried the instructions found at http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4098?viewlocale=en_US which is meant to fix the issue and it does not work. Everything still falls back to mac.com

Does anyone else have this issue? I have replicated it with a genius at an Apple store, and it happens with his account too - but they could not help me.

This is most frustrating as I end up with multiple email addresses in conversations: me.com if I am responding from OS X, mac.com if from iOS.

Thanks,

D.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, All my iOS devices exhibit this

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 3:26 PM

There are no replies.

Unable to send email from @me.com address using iCloud and iOS 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.