Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can deaf people contact Apple support?!?

I keep trying to get some answers about my Black Friday order of an IPAD2 and accessories. The only options I see are to call customer support, via phone.

I am deaf and absolutely cannot hear on the phone, so that's out. I finally found a live chat button earlier and chatted with a fellow. I explained the situation to

him and he gave me a phone #. I reiterated that I was deaf and coulnd't hear on the phone.... his response... they have options for that. ??? I guess he means

I can be healed! I decided to end the chat. In any event I still need to contact Apple customer service and can't find ANY email address. Surely I'm not the only deaf person in the world.... and does this mean deaf people can't buy apple... or just can't get support?

Here is the problem... maybe you can help. I ordered an IPAD2, docking station, vga-adaper, cover, and camera adapter, on Black Friday, the 25th.

The store said all items were in stock. I made the purchase and received my confirmation email from Apple.

On the 28th... Monday I got an email from Apple (Not FedEx) that SOME items had shipped. This email listed the two items shipped, the dock station,

and camera adapter. And it gave me a tracking number, and a neat button to click to check the status. It also listed the other three items, they were

all together listed as "Preparing for shipment", with a delivery date of Nov.30-Dec1. There was no tracking # for these unshipped items.

The first shipment came today... Dec. 1. It says carton 1 of 1. But I can't find any info on the other items.... they are still listed as preparing for shipment. My God it's been a week.... the other half came already.... you SAID you had it in stock....???

So I can't get any info from Apple, I contacted FEDEX cust support... but they need a tracking number... which I don't have...

Can someone please give some way to contact Apple... this is getting absurd. I can't even cancel the order, it says it's gone to far in

the process I'll have to wait until it is delivered to cancel.... or return.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My MAC experience isn't going so well.....

d

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 7:57 PM

5 replies

Dec 6, 2011 9:04 AM in response to devotee

Go to any store at http://www.apple.com/buy/

Bring your web order #.

It is possible that one of these stores has the ability to contact Apple corporate. It is more likely that one of the ones that is an authorized service center has this method. And they hopefully will be able to act as a medium to communicate what you need communicating if the chat line isn't able to do so.

You may want to also ask if one of the local libraries has a TTY machine. Many such services are available at libraries and public offices.

Dec 6, 2011 11:37 AM in response to devotee

Well at the end of this exerience I must say I still don't understand.

It turns out the reason I couldn't get any info from Fed Ex is because the 2nd half of the shipment

came via UPS. I have never heard of THAT before using two shippers on one order. Anyway things

did work out but I hated being in the dark about it. I didn't receive any feedback from Apple until

it had already been delivered. Then the next day I got an email... your items have shipped with

a UPS tracking number.

Thank you for the info on TTY devices.... and you are correct I should have made the rather long trip into

the nearest Apple store.

d

How can deaf people contact Apple support?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.