Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATV2 video judder/stutter on new LED HDTV

Equipment:

40" Samsung UN40D6000 LED HDTV 120Hz 1080P - software all uptodate.

AppleTV 2 software all uptodate.

Basic cable (SD) and HD content while watching television is solid, fluid and vibrant.

However when using the AppleTV playback is stutter/jittery every few moments and the content is all standard definition. Both form iTunes rentals, streaming from an iTunes library and netflix. and its not a streaming issue as I have another bottom of the barrel HDTV 1080p set with an ATV2 and it streams the content just fine no issues. (it performs the jitter/stutter/ when plugging it into the Samsung LEDTV)

I disabled Auto Motion Plus feature of the set and did no justification or stopped the jitter during playback. When I put the setting on Game Mode it played back just fine as per usual, however adjusting the color quality, picture qualiy etc is disabled and am not getting the full advantage of the LEDHDTV

Anyone experience this before? I've browsed through some of the posts and seems alot of complications between some ATV2's and Samsung TV's.

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 8:20 PM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2012 9:57 AM in response to hoss

I found this on another forum. Set Samsung Auto Motion Plus to "Clear" NOT off. I also set the AppleTV TV resolution to 720p - 60 hz. Tried it last night on a DVD I ripped with Handbrake and streamed it from my iMac. Finally stopped the jitter. I think I saw one or two stray hiccups during the entire movie. But that's WAY better than the glitch every 4 or 5 seconds before.

ATV2 video judder/stutter on new LED HDTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.