Skip navigation

Arabic Fixed Layout Books problem

559 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2011 5:02 AM by Tom Gewecke RSS
mohammedfromvellore Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 1, 2011 10:47 PM

Hi All!

I am using the iPad 2, facing a problem using arabic fixedlayout books, normally english books turns from left to right, but in Arabic Ineed right to left concept. Kindly suggest me…

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1
  • ROCXY Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Dec 2, 2011 4:04 AM (in response to mohammedfromvellore)

Hi Apple IBook Team,

Is there a way to support the Arabic "Right to Left" page flipping.?in IBooks Apps.

Is something we need to configure in"com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml" ?

-- or--

Is there some metadata information has to configured to epub based on epub3.0 standard?

--or--

Else we need to wait for new version of a iBook App that supports Arabic flipping?

Please donot suggest to post this issue to the link  http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html ,   found no reponses.

Any help would be greatly appreciable.

Thanks,

ROCXY

• Tom Gewecke Level 9 Level 9 (70,825 points)
    Dec 2, 2011 5:02 AM (in response to ROCXY)

ROCXY wrote:

we need to wait for new version of a iBook App that supports Arabic flipping?

Yes.  Unfortunately there is no way to carry on the kind of dialogue with Apple that you want.  These are user to user help forums and the one-way feedback channel is how you should make your wishes known to the Apple people who work on such questions.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.