Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stream radio on my Macbook?

I have been trying for months to stream in my favourite radio stations. I have been totally unsuccessful.
Everything I search, as far as HELP is concerned, it always talks about movies.

An app called Radium worked for a few days and then started to get problems.

I often have to use my VPN for things as I am in China.

Quicktime works sometimes, but I can't work out when and when not, and only without the VPN.

Searching Quicktime help I get a lot of "add-ons" which explain when to use them, but I do not understand all their technical language.

My MacBook is 7.1 and the OS X 10.6.8

Can anyone help me?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.0.x), Astrill VPN

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 3:35 AM

14 replies

Dec 2, 2011 4:35 AM in response to Andrew Wolczyk

Thank you Andrew for your prompt reply.

I have looked at iTunes and not found the Australian National Broadcasters in there. Not been able to find anyway of getting them into there either.

Can't find people here who know both English and MacBooks and my Chinese is not sufficient either.

And Sorry, not sure what you mean by "open streams in itunes".

Dec 2, 2011 5:36 AM in response to Andrew Wolczyk

Yes, you are correct. It will play for any period up to an hour. It could be 5 minutes or 20 or 50 and each time you have to close the browser and wait (usually in the middle of some interesting program) and then open your browser again and go through it all again for maybe 5 more minutes or 20 or 50, who knows? it was good in Windows Media on my PC, it played all day. I downloaded Flip4 (I think is its name) but does not allow it to stream.

I am really frustrated.

Dec 5, 2011 2:17 AM in response to Andrew Wolczyk

Thanks Andrew for your patience. I really appreciate it.

(It might help for you to know that I learned to write before ball point pens were available!)

Two things. Yes, Windows Media works, but there is no Windows Media button on the Newsradio window.

The other one seems to be what I need. Add streams to iTunes. So, what should I post there; is it the address at the top of the web page or is it the address on top of the player window or what? URL, is very well, but there are so many.

Thankfully yours.

Dec 6, 2011 9:14 PM in response to a brody

Sorry, a.brody. Yes, I did try the link to All Podcasts. It gives me the page where all the ABC podcasts are. There is nothing there about streaming radio. If the two are interconnected, there is nothing there to explain that or how it works.

And, yes, I have the latest ADOBE player. Chrome automatically upgrades Adobe. If I try to do it manually it just tells me that it alreadiy has the latest player.

How can I stream radio on my Macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.