Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what does processing items exactly mean?

High Guys,

I know my question a little bit stupid. However, I am really stranger for apple online store process. I have recently ordered a 13" macbook air and a case for it (actually I ordered yesterday). The case is prepared for shipment, but on the online order site macbook air showed as processing item. What does it mean?

Actually, what I want to learn is if my order is accepted and processed. For case, it is clear, it will be shipped in 1-2 days. However, for the macbook air this processing period for what? I mean, this processing period is for asking and determining the presence in stock ??

Please help me...

I am a stranger for this process.

I hope my order for both case and macbook air is accepted and ship to me before Dec 25, 2011.

Thanks a lot

P.S: You might not understand what I want to ask, sorry for the inconvenience

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 1:55 PM

I believe processing means they are in the process of getting your new mac from the Apple warehouse to the shipping company. They are processing all the details, paperwork etc.

7 replies

Dec 2, 2011 2:15 PM in response to krmyldrm

I found a more formal answer:

"With some companies, it means the order has left their warehouse and is somewhere with UPS, FEDEX, or USPS...with other companies especially TV and web orders...it means 'they have processed your order in the system-and it is somewhere between the invoice , being picked, being packaged, or sitting in the shipper's room waiting for pickup by whatever delivery method they use'.

It very rarely, if ever, means that it is 'on the way' to you-when it finally leaves the warehouse it would change to 'delivery in progress' ".

Jun 17, 2012 10:12 PM in response to Soul.Provider

I agree with Soul, when I worked in Apple Sales Support the "Prepared for Shipment" indicates that the order has been fulfilled. The box (with your computer) has moved from the warehouse into the shipping phase. Specifically where in the shipping phase is unknown. The "processing" indicates that the order has not yet been fulfilled but that the order has been received and queued for fulfillment.

Historically, the "processing" indicates that the order can still be cancelled or modified. The "prepared for shipment" is past the point of no return.

This was circa '09 when I was there, I suspect not THAT much has changed in 3 years for reporting purposes.

what does processing items exactly mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.