Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import Canon HF M30 AVCHD video to Final Cut Express

Sorry that one got a way from me. Let me retry this.

I have seen a couple of questions asked on this topic, but did not find an actual answer. I hope that the second time is the charm.

I am doing a slow, years long edit with an unusual topic. Generally, I am importing footage from a Canon G-1 via firewire. I cannot remember, but I thought there was something I changed to set FCE to automatically connect through firewire. Now, two years later, enter a new employee with a Canon HF M30 that features the AVCHD format.

When I connect through USB, I do see the camera's folder icon on the desktop. When I try importing into Final Cut Express using "Log and Transfer," it does not "see" the HF M30. (Yes, I have updated to Final Cut Express HD 4.0.1.)

Since the camera is not visible using "Log and Transfer," I tried clicking the "Add Folder" button, but I receive this pop-up warning:

"'Camera name' contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media."

Obviously, the iMac can read the camera, but I cannot get Final Cut Express to connect with the camera! Does Final Cut Express work with the Canon HF M30? Have I selected the wrong options within Final Cut Express?

Help!!! Much appreciated!

Message was edited by: d.sprinter

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 12:27 PM

1 reply

Import Canon HF M30 AVCHD video to Final Cut Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.