Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firefox not working properly after Snow Leopard upgrade

Hi,

I have just upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Everything seems to be running a bit slower so I'm not sure if it was a good idea, but the biggest problem is that Firefox is not loading pages properly. Especially Gmail and Firefox are not loading properly: I can only access my Gmail if I opt for Basic HTML, and Facebook is not loading at all, I just get a weird list of features. Both are working ok in Safari. I tried to clear cookies for Facebook and disable addons, but it made no difference. I'm running the latest version of Firefox.

Any advice?

Thanks!

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 3:28 PM

3 replies

Dec 3, 2011 11:41 AM in response to barbaross

The only reason I suggested java was because I've been reading a a number of posts in these discussions about a java update for 10.6.8 braking various things. Below is a google search which shows what I am talking about:

java 10.6.8 update site:discussions.apple.com

However the only counter argument to any java theory is you say in your original post "Both are working ok in Safari" (I missed that till now). So as an experiment you might try using another account to test firefox and see how it behaves then. If it runs ok then perhaps it's something local to your normal account.

Firefox not working properly after Snow Leopard upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.