Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Can´t enable Photo Stream

I click, and click, and click over the "Turn on Photo Stream" buttom but nothing happens.

All my settings are ok: iCloud enabled, Apple ID is correct, Photo Stream on my System Preferences is enabled too...

Photo Stream works just fine on my iPad and iPhone.

Does anyone know what I have to do?

Thx, D.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 3:30 AM

8 replies

Oct 13, 2012 1:26 AM in response to Diego Torgo

Very similar problem.

When I click "Turn on Photo Stream", I get an error message:

"In order to use Photo Stream, you have to be signed into your iCloud account in System Preferences."

But in my System Preferences, I'm already signed into my iCloud account and indeed it is working perfectly for other iCloud services (Contacts, Calendar, etc etc).

Jul 10, 2013 1:26 PM in response to Diego Torgo

You need to be running 10.7.5 or later and iPhoto 9.2.2 or later in order to use Photo Stream. The following is from iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ:

What do I need to use Photo Stream?

To use Photo Stream, including Shared Photo Streams, you need an iCloud account, compatible devices, and up-to-date software:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 6.0 or later
  • Mac with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 or later and iPhoto 9.4 or Aperture 3.4 or later
  • PC with Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) and the iCloud Control Panel 2.1 or later for Windows
  • Apple TV (2nd generation) with Software Update 5.1 or later

You can still use Photo Stream without Shared Photo Streams if your devices meet these requirements:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.1 or later
  • Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later and iPhoto 9.2.2 or Aperture 3.2.3 or later

OT

Jun 2, 2015 4:51 PM in response to Chris CA

I have the same problem. On our MacBook (Pro), latest OS, the Photo Stream has disappeared, as well as all my shared albums. Disappeared about a month ago, from the dates of the photos that are in the iPhoto Library... What's going on? This is causing SOME PROBLEMS!!

The iPhoto app seems to have been replaced by the Photos app -- is this what causes the problem?

Jun 3, 2015 8:36 AM in response to bseegmiller

the Photo Stream has disappeared, as well as all my shared albums

Have you enabled the iCloud Photo Library feature of Photos? That will do cause what you're seeing.

If not then make sure you have the following enabled in the System/iCloud preferences:

User uploaded file

and in the Photos/iCloud preferences:

User uploaded file

If they are all checked then disable them, reboot, and reenable them. That should jump start the My Photo Stream.

User uploaded file

I Can´t enable Photo Stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.