Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"video not eligible for icloud" when uploading a music video

Hi,

Can someone have an idea why can converted videos using a paid version of Real Player are "not eligible for icloud"?

Is there a "work around" or a "upcomming fix" for this?

All the best!

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 8:24 AM

20 replies

Dec 18, 2011 4:04 PM in response to Shawn Grinter 2

Well I got a response from Apple, I reported the video as having issues through my purchase back in April 2009 and they responded "...found the video has been removed from iTunes Store. Please note that it necessary that items must be available on iTunes Store, so that you can upload them on iTunes Match. iTunes Match cannot match anything that is no longer on the iTunes Store.".

So with that said, even if you buy it from Apple iTunes Store, they can remove it at any time, and if it doesnt match Apple's current inventory it will stop synching.

So hypothetically speaking if at any point Apple decides to remove the Beatles music collection from iTunes, then all of my Apple iTunes purchased Beatles collection will be ineligable through the iTunes Match service.

Apple will need to change this down the road and maybe work with a music libary system that allows any and all music to be matched up with an Internet music archive database.

Dec 18, 2011 7:09 PM in response to Shawn Grinter 2

No, no confusion. It says my videos are ineligible. I have the receipt number and date I purchased them

and on the info bar it says "purchased MPEG-4 video file", and they are still in the iTunes catalog. However, they don't show up on my purchased list just on the receipt under my account. iMatch won't upload them so it is impossible to put them on any device.

Dec 22, 2011 10:03 AM in response to GW77

GW77 wrote:

I have to disagree. I bought the video of the Adam Lambert performance from Apple iTunes and it is "Ineligible for iCloud"

I'm not surprised that some aren't working. I'll correct my comment - videos other than music videos purchased from the iTunes store aren't eligible. Purchased music videos are supposed to work, but there's plenty of stuff in Match that isn't working yet.

Dec 22, 2011 11:14 AM in response to GW77

"So hypothetically speaking if at any point Apple decides to remove the Beatles music collection from iTunes, then all of my Apple iTunes purchased Beatles collection will be ineligable through the iTunes Match service."

They wouldn't be in eligible, but may have to upload and would probably count towards your song limit. Not ideal of course, but rather different than the problem being reported here as videos can't be uploaded.

Jan 13, 2012 6:03 PM in response to jlmaysonet

What really ***** about this whole thing is that you can no longer choose to manually add a song or music video manually to your iPhone. So, if your song or video is "Not Eligible", you can't get it on your iPhone. Well, not entirely true, I guess I could turn the Music Video into a Movie in the Options panel... *sigh* Apple misses the target yet again...

"video not eligible for icloud" when uploading a music video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.