Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does deleted content reappear on my iPhone when I connect via USB?

I recently upgraded from a 3GS to a 4S, and I'm having an issue that's never been a problem before. I notice that music or video that I delete from my iPhone reappears when I connect to iTunes via USB. Nothing is moved over, either: the videos are just listed as if never removed.

I am deleting this videos by swiping across after viewing on phone. They disappear, so I am not overlooking anything on that front. Similarly, I don't sync video or music -- I have manual management checked in iTunes.

Any ideas what might be happening, and how I can fix it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 9:14 AM

2 replies

Sep 18, 2013 5:33 AM in response to promohthree

And almost 2 years later this is still happening - I delete TV Shows and Movies from my iPad 2 (iOS6) or iPhone (iOS6) and as soon as I connect the devices to my mac by USB they reappear (even though my setting is to manually manage everything). This then screws up syncing like this morning where I tried to add 2 new movies - as it was syncing I realised that the previous 2 had reappeared so I wouldn't have space to add them. I deleted them via iTunes and the sync appeared to be successful - until I turned on the iPad on the train to be greeted by a message saying that the 2 items couldn't be synced.

Why does deleted content reappear on my iPhone when I connect via USB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.