Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove or delete albums from ipad 2 that were imported from a camera

how to delete photo albums added by camera to iPad 2

iPad 2, Windows Vista, Gateway laptop

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 10:18 AM

8 replies

Mar 1, 2012 7:12 PM in response to achernack

You've probably found the answer to this already, but just in case... you can't delete images in iOS.

Nobody seems to know why, but Apple has decided that in iOS once the images are in the device, they belong to Apple. Or I assume they must, because I can no longer delete or move them from my iPad, and so have lost control over my data, so they must belong to somebody else.

Good luck.

Mar 1, 2012 8:14 PM in response to azartguy

That is simply not true. You can delete any image taken with the iPad or imported from a camera as well as attachments/saved images. You go into the photos section, hit edit and then select what you would like to delete. If photos were synced using iTunes then you have to remove them the same way.

http://ipadacademy.com/2011/08/ipad-tip-how-to-delete-photos-from-your-ipad-in-t he-photos-app

Mar 1, 2012 8:47 PM in response to vazandrew

Maybe you can delete images taken with the iPad, don't know; but I can not delete imported images in iPad "Photo." I've already tried the process shown in the "ipadacademy" link, but it doesn't work. I select, but nothing gets deleted.

As to whether they were synced using iTunes (10.5.3) , I have no idea. My iTunes (Snow Leopard) does not show images/photos, so I have no idea what "you have to remove them the same way" means. Are you suggesting that I have to delete the images from iPhoto while the iPad is synced and that will be controlled through iTunes? Because if I sync the iPad it only shows me the iPad "Photo Roll" in the Devices level.

I don't want to argue with anybody, I just want some help. But unless there's something you know that I haven't tried, I'm afraid it is "true" that iPad images can't be deleted. But I sure would like to find out how to do it...

Mar 1, 2012 9:14 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I may be confused, but I'm not wrong about what's happening ... I cannot delete images from my iPad using the selection/delete in "Photos." Maybe it's supposed to work that way, and I can select the images and hit the "delete" button, but nothing happens.

So, does that mean they were synced through iTunes? I don't know because I don't understand iTunes syncing and why moving images from iPhoto would go through iTunes without showing up in iTunes; still, you are the second person to say they can "deleted via iTunes" , so there must be a way to do it.

How/where do I "see" the images to delete them? The "photos" are in iPhoto "Photos" "Events" "Albums" etc on the desktop but not in "Devices" so I can't see them in iPhoto to delete them; I also can't see them in iTunes, there is no images/photos category.

So my question (above) remains: do I have to delete the images from iPhoto on my desktop while the iPad is synced for them to be deleted on the iPad?

Mar 1, 2012 10:13 PM in response to vazandrew

I stand corrected. Thanks one and all. I finally got it done. I went into iTunes with the iPad syced, followed the correct steps (this time) and got the images deleted; then I created a new folder in iPhoto and set that as the only thing to sync. Now the images I want will end up in iPad. Once again, the "community" came through with the answers. Thanks,

Brian

how to remove or delete albums from ipad 2 that were imported from a camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.