Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto froze when downloading update, have lost all pictures. Can I retrieve?

I'm being told to re-download iphoto from ilife - but won't this mean I have lost all my valued pictures? Why does downloading new updates cause so many problems? When I tried to update my iphone to IoS5 it froze the phone and I lost all my contacts, messages and info. Unbelievably I then couldn't retrieve from my backup as it demanded a password and, despite hundreds of attempts to input it, I was told by Apple tech support that there are big problems with iphone backup passwords. They admitted that they can't help with passwords as the Mac and iphone generate new passwords every time you charge your phone on another machine that not your own. HEEEELP.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.5), lost iphoto from Macbook pro

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 10:23 AM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2011 11:51 AM in response to luke9158

1 - reloading iPhoto does not affect your photos - they are in teh iPhoto library

2 - even if you have a problem you surely always have a good backup - if you don't you are guaranteed to lost your photos and all other files sooner or later

3 - If you have iphone and IOS 5 questions teh iPhone forum is a great place to ask

You question is not clear and rambles so I am not sure if this really answers it or not - if it does not please ask a specific question about iPhoto including details of errors you get

LN

iphoto froze when downloading update, have lost all pictures. Can I retrieve?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.