Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple replace engraved iPad 2?

I have received my engraved iPad 2 few days ago and both the boxes ( the iPad's and the outer one) were damaged. As I opened the box and checked the iPad's screen there was no damage.

Today I have turned it off and on again in the dark and when the screen goes dark and you only see the Apple logo, there are pixel anomalies, brighter pixels exactly were the damage was on the box. I think the edge of another box must have pushed the screen slightly and that caused the damage.

Will Apple replace the iPad, and will I get it engraved?

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 1:57 PM

You will have to resolve that with AppleCare. Usually there are no returns for products purchased CTO.

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support visit online support site.

6 replies

Dec 3, 2011 2:21 PM in response to Spagyi

I have a bit different take on the Apple policy. Normally you can return an Apple product if you do not like it and return it within 14 days. But if the product is built to order, which includes an engraved product, it is non-returnable if you do not like it. But any Apple product is returnable if it is determined to be dead on arrival or it was damaged in shipment. And if your original order was engraved and you are willing to wait for Apple to have the replacement product engraved I believe that Apple will accomodate your request. But you do need to call Apple Care and work out your arrangements with them.

I would be disappointed also if my product was damaged in shipment. Be sure to keep all of the packaging to support your claim.

Will Apple replace engraved iPad 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.