Skip navigation

Magic Mouse connects but stops working in 3 - 5 seconds

536 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2011 7:41 PM by TGH RSS
TGH Level 2 Level 2 (275 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 3, 2011 2:12 PM

When I attempt to connect my Magic Mouse, it connects just fine, will work for about 5 seconds and then freezes.  The device is still shown as connected, but will not work.

Steps I have tried to crorrect the issue:

1. Disconnect the Mgaic Mouse and reconnect;
  2. Trash the com.apple.bluetooth preferences file and restart;
  3. Step 2 but also disconnecting any USB mouse or keyboards

None of these steps have corrected the issue.  Also worth noting, my wireless keyboard works just fine and I have tried an external bluetooth antennae.

I've seen this posted multiple times around the web, but have seen no fix that will work in my situation.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

Quad Core Mac Pro - 8 GB Ram, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2nd MAC: 17" 2.16 Ghz MBP 1 GB RAM
  • X423424X Level 6 Level 6 (14,190 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2011 12:44 AM (in response to TGH)

Smc reset and pram reset have no effect?

In you searches did you see the "popular" problem about MM loosing connection.

• Barry Hemphill Level 7 Level 7 (33,115 points)

Hello:

You could try making the device a favorite, but I do not think that would address a freezing mouse problem.  IMHO, the mouse is probably defective.

Barry

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 4 GB memory,DSL, Airport Express

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.