Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back button is not doing what it should.

I want to use Safari on my windows computer as well as my MacBook, but on my windows computer when I click on the back button, no matter how many tabs I've opened and no matter how many different pages I've been to, the back button sends me back to the Apple start page and closes every single one of my tabs. I don't understand why the back button behaves completely different on the windows version than the Mac version. The backspace/delete key works as the way the back button should, but clicking the button itself throws me back to the start page and closes everything I had open in other tabs.

Any idea why?

Safari-OTHER, Windows 7, Back button in Safari for Windows

Posted on Dec 3, 2011 10:32 PM

5 replies

Dec 3, 2011 10:37 PM in response to Eddy117

my windows computer when I click on the back button, no matter how many tabs I've opened and no matter how many different pages I've been to, the back button sends me back to the Apple start page and closes every single one of my tabs

Try emptying the Safari cache.

http://email.about.com/od/clearprivatebrowserdata/qt/Clear_Private_Data_Empty_Ca ches_and_Remove_Cookies_in_Safari.htm

Back button is not doing what it should.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.