Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How copy files of photos without authentication

Hi,

Sorry this is not an iPhoto question, but a photo question and I did not find a better forum.

The following situation: Far back I have copied into my machine someone elses photos (23 GB). Now I am moving them out to my 2TB LaCie HD. The photos are organized by year and by event. For most of the files I get the anoying message that copying is not possible as I do not have the proper authorituy. If I copy folder by folder I succeed by authenticating as I go, but there should be an easier way.

Please advice,

pyry

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 11:07 AM

You can try the following:

Reset the ownership and permissions on the folders containing the photos as follows:

1 - download and launch BatChmod .

2 - drag the folder containing the photos into the BatChmod window.

3 - set the ownership and privileges settings to that shown in this screenshot:

User uploaded file
Click to view full size

4 -try dragging the folders to your external HD again.

Note: if the Group that your files belong to are different from staff then you can use it.

Also make sure that the ownership of the external HD has been set to be ignored.

User uploaded file

OT

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2011 11:07 AM in response to pyry

You can try the following:

Reset the ownership and permissions on the folders containing the photos as follows:

1 - download and launch BatChmod .

2 - drag the folder containing the photos into the BatChmod window.

3 - set the ownership and privileges settings to that shown in this screenshot:

User uploaded file
Click to view full size

4 -try dragging the folders to your external HD again.

Note: if the Group that your files belong to are different from staff then you can use it.

Also make sure that the ownership of the external HD has been set to be ignored.

User uploaded file

OT

How copy files of photos without authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.