Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5.01 - Spotlight search broken most of the time?

That's the feature when you hit home button at home page. So all it does is it closes the onscreen keyboard as I hit search and returns no results, I can see the 4 docked app icons revealed as the keyboard closes.

I notice that I can fix this issue sometimes by rebooting iPhone, but after 1-2 searches it gets broken again. Anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 4, Windows 7, iOS5

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 7:52 AM

11 replies

Dec 10, 2011 12:48 PM in response to Ankur_C

Same product as you Ankur. Same problem with search. E.g., entering "Skype" does not find the Skype app that is installed on the phone.

This is not a setting error, as "Apps" is "on" in the Spotlight Search settings.

When it's not working, you don't even get "Search Web" option, which should obviously be returned for any text you enter in the search box.

Checking and unchecking some of the categories in the Settings has made search work; don't know if it will stick.

iOS 5.01 - Spotlight search broken most of the time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.