Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid Node Structure

This is a mid-2011 iMac model. Purchased in June 2011. Started experiencing slow internet on safari and email in Sept.

Ran a Verify Disk and got the Invalid Node Structure..disk needs to be repaired. Ran repair from the disk, told me disk couldn't be repaired, had to erase and install. Brought my data back from time machine...everything worked fine until about a week ago...then same slow down started happening. Ran Verify Disk again, again same problem and procedure.

Now today noticed a slow down in Safari. Ran disk utility and yet again, Invalid node structure occurs, disk needs to be repaired. I just finished the process of getting everything back in order (with the multitude of updates that need to be run!) and am worried that I have to go through it all again.

Something isn't right here...any suggestions on fixing this issue so that it doesn't periodically occur?

Very frustrating...I've had a mac for years, this is the first time I've had one act up this quickly (note; I did take it in to get serviced initially and was told that the hardware was just fine).

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 10:56 AM

3 replies

Dec 4, 2011 1:05 PM in response to baltwo

Thanks but I did run Disk Utility from the install disk, it told me that the disk couldn't be repaired and as a result, had to erase and install. Why would a disk that is erased keep having the same problem if it's been erased?

I'll look into DiskWarrior but find it frustrating that I need to get a third party application for something that should be resolved with the software that comes with the machine.

Dec 4, 2011 1:17 PM in response to macgreenbear

macgreenbear wrote:

I'll look into DiskWarrior but find it frustrating that I need to get a third party application for something that should be resolved with the software that comes with the machine.

Been that way forever, that's why there are 3rd-party apps. They fill in the gaps Apple left in the OS and their apps. If you want to complain, file a bug report with Apple, via http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Invalid Node Structure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.