Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printer agent is the message I get on login and cannot get rid of it

Hi,

After replacing my Hard drive every time I start my Mac Book Pro the first thing on the screen is this message

DO YOU WANT THE PRINTER AGENT APPLICATION TO ACCEPT INCOMING CONNECTIONS?

DENY OR ALLOW

Also the MSG says

THE SETTINGS CAN BE CHANGED IN FIREWALL SECURITY PREFERENCES

No matter what I do nothing changes ........the MSG is always there on log in

Any help would be appriciated

Thank you

Gilles

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 5:42 PM

IH8rust

I am getting the same message. Started after I unistalled HP printer drivers and installed a new Samsung printer. So far nothing I've done has resolved the problem.

Good luck,

DuxRus

9 replies

Mar 15, 2014 7:24 AM in response to Dondiegogoso

Perhaps to clarify Dondiegogoso's answer (which FIXED the issue for me as well)... On my macbook pro running Mavericks, I did the following:

1. Click on Finder icon
  2. From the Finder Menu (at the top of the screen)
    1. Click "Go" (hold the click in the down position and press Alt(Option) key
    2. You should see "Library" now appear in the drop down list
    3. Drag cursor down to Library and release mouse click
    4. Select "LaunchAgents" folder
    5. Move file com.hp.printeragent.plist to trash
    6. Reboot Macbook (smile! no more message!)

Regards,

Nancy

Apr 10, 2014 1:02 PM in response to Dondiegogoso

Have the same problem. Am using a 2010 MacBook Pro running Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8. Message started popping up the other day even if I did not install/uninstall printers recently (last one was about a year and a half ago). In fact, I did not change any setting or install anything new in the few days previous to that... except perhaps update my Adobe Flash Player (the usual update).

The thing is, I don't have the com.hp.printeragent.plist in my LaunchAgents folder tho I have an HP LaserJet P1505 and HP LaserJet P1102 installed What I do have in that LaunchAgents folder are a couple of *.adobe.*.plist files

Any other ideas? The only other fix is to disable the firewall as suggested at another thread but of course I'd rather not do that!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I discovered that if I click on the Advance Settings of the Firewall and right click on printerAgent (of which there is more than one entry, one for each time I had to reply to that printerAgent message at boot up) to get "Show in Finder", this leads me to a printerAgent file in a folder in Library/Printers/hp/laserjet. Just thought I'd mention this in case it would be useful...

May 1, 2014 9:52 AM in response to nlubecker

Thanks! Following nlubekcer steps that I am copying completely resolved the issue!!

1. Click on Finder icon
  2. From the Finder Menu (at the top of the screen)
    1. Click "Go" (hold the click in the down position and press Alt(Option) key
    2. You should see "Library" now appear in the drop down list
    3. Drag cursor down to Library and release mouse click
    4. Select "LaunchAgents" folder
    5. Move file com.hp.printeragent.plist to trash
    6. Reboot Macbook (smile! no more message!)

printer agent is the message I get on login and cannot get rid of it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.