Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup a USB Drive connected to Time Capsule

I have 250G drive hooked up to my Time Capsule with some Flip Videos on it that I have offloaded from my MB. I want to have these backed up to the TC. Is there a way to do this using time machine. Right now I just copy over the files.

Macbook Unibody 2009 /G4 1.8/ 1G / 200G : Sawtooth Media Server / iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPod Mini :TiVo S2 240G : Tivo HD: Retired Apple II/e: 2 Blueber

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 3:33 PM

No, Time Machine cannot back up from a network location.

CarbonCopyCloner (donationware) can, and the ChronoSync app (about $40, I think) can.

However, putting other things besides Time Machine backups on the TC's internal HD presents some conflicts. See #Q3 in Using Time Machine with a Time Capsule for details and some workarounds.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2011 3:33 PM in response to Tony Politano

No, Time Machine cannot back up from a network location.

CarbonCopyCloner (donationware) can, and the ChronoSync app (about $40, I think) can.

However, putting other things besides Time Machine backups on the TC's internal HD presents some conflicts. See #Q3 in Using Time Machine with a Time Capsule for details and some workarounds.

Backup a USB Drive connected to Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.