Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play FX tails after stopping playback

How do I allow FX tails to continue to play when I stop playback?

I'm trying to get a sense of the sound of the reverb on a live recording of a brass band that I'm mixing down and I'd like to be able to hear the FX tail when I stop playback so that I can a better sense of how the "shape" of the FX sounds.

I'm new to Logic and Macs after over 20 years of Cakewalk/Sonar. It was a check-box in Sonar, and I've been searching for over an hour and can't figure out how to enable this in Logic. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 6:38 PM

4 replies

Dec 6, 2011 8:23 AM in response to nasrudin

A quick way would be save the project, put the playhead where you would stop, select all, cut at playhead, delete all after playhead, go back a bit and play, then revert to saved! ...well quite quick anyway! HTH.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wait... you're serious!!

I'd go with Pancenter's suggestion. Reverbs on a bus are always going to sound better anyway. Don't ask me why, I don't know, but it's true. Plus it's a much more efficient use of resources.

Play FX tails after stopping playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.