Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best, most compatible multifunction printer/copiers for medium-sized office?

Hello world!

I have recently been tasked with selecting a NEW multifunction copier for our office! Our office consists of 30 to 40 users, mostly writers and graphic-designers, all running 10.6.8 or Lion 10.7.2.

We're interested in a B&W machine that...

• can print at least 50ppm
  • can handle large file sizes with ease (for graphic designers printing InDesign files etc...)
  • is first and foremost, VERY mac-friendly/compatible
  • can scan multiple docs quickly, to an email or device, perhaps even scan in color

Currently, our office uses a Canon iR5570, Canon iR5020, and Xerox Phaser 7750DN. Support and proper software/drivers for the Canon printers is a nightmare. Despite trying every print method/driver/software/protocal combination possible and updating the firware, the Canon printers lock-up when multiple print-jobs or when large graphics files are sent to print. It's a very nerve-racking experience, especially when you're the tech that must address the issues 😠.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience with a specific nice, newer printer, I would greatly appreciate them. I'm leaning toward Xerox at the moment.

Thanks in advance,

John

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 10:40 AM

I agree with you for a Xerox MFP

This series has the features you requested.

http://www.office.xerox.com/multifunction-printer/multifunction-over-30ppm/workc entre-5735-5740-5745-5755/spec-enus.html

But you would better call your local Xerox representative to tailor the right printer for your needs.

1 reply

Best, most compatible multifunction printer/copiers for medium-sized office?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.