Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LMP Bluetooth Keypad WKP-1314

Anyone else have this add on to the wireless keyboard made by Apple?

I just set up my LMP numeric keypad and it shows as Connected in the

Bluetooth window of Systems Preferences. I placed brand new batteries

in the device to rule out low power as a problem. Still, when I try to enter

numbers from the keypad, the amber LED starts flashing indicating that

something is wrong which of course is the case - I can't enter any numbers

with the keypad! Any idea of what is going on?

Cheers

John

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 8:26 AM

3 replies

Dec 5, 2011 4:52 PM in response to ttibsen

So now I have another question even though my original question is still unresolved. I have played around with the Keypad turning it Off and On and watching the Bluetooth window in SP to see whether it would have an effect on the Bluetooth connection. Strangely enough, it does not seem to make a difference. The Keypad seems to be connected (see image of Bluetooth window that I have pasted) no matter what the state (on, off) of the Keypad. Is this normal? I would have thought that turning the Keyboard off would cause the loss of the connection. Then to re-establish the connection, you would have to go through the pairing process again. What are your thoughts on this?

User uploaded file

Dec 5, 2011 6:47 PM in response to ttibsen

I am now trying to start all over with this Bluetooth business. I assume in the Bluetooth window that you see in my previous post, if you select the Bluetooth Keypad and then press on the Minus sign at the bottom, you will delete this icon from the window. But it doesn't work! What I want to try is to delete the Keypad and then start over again but I can't get rid of this zombie icon. Any suggestions?

Cheers

John

LMP Bluetooth Keypad WKP-1314

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.