Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is safari 5.1.2 not showing up in software updates?

I am running Lion server and the Safari 5.1.2 update isn't there.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Server

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 10:18 AM

12 replies

Jan 10, 2012 9:26 AM in response to Wardy22

Thanks Wardy22, that indeed did it. Annoying that it's a bit obscure but it works.

CAVEAT EMPTOR:

I host updates for Lion and SnowLeopard on the same box. I see that there are 2 Safari v5.1.2 updates. One is 47MB (Product ID:041-2852) and the other is 38.3MB (Product ID:041-3552). I little digging in the sucatalog file shows that 2852 is for SnowLeopard and 3552 is for Lion. If you've got a mixed environment, you've got a problem!

It seems silly but if this is supposed to be an update server, why should I have to choose a version of Safari? Shouldn't ALL updates be available? I'm just saying... 😕 😠

Jan 11, 2012 4:21 AM in response to rishigangoly

I checked the KB article on apple.com and it says this error means: The Software Update service will not enable software updates that aren't completely downloaded, or updates where the stored status of the update is incomplete. This issue can be caused by an interrupted download or if there are communications issues between the local network and the Apple Software Update servers.

Server Admin shows an exclamation point next to the update and the update cannot be enabled via Server Admin. For more information refer to the KB article.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3127

why is safari 5.1.2 not showing up in software updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.