Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with finding a scanner/printer for Lion 10.7

I have had my MacBook Pro OS Lion 10.7.3 for one month now. Can anyone help me choose the right scanner/printer for my notebook.

My internet is wireless, guess I would want a wireless scanner/printer. I keep hearing sad stories online about how certain printers are not working with Lion.

Help! Would like t avoid making a big mistake.

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 1:38 PM

9 replies

Jan 14, 2012 4:17 PM in response to bettyfromst. george

All you need is a present day printer or a printer bought in the past 5 years. Lion doesn't need any requirements for printers other than the ability to install the driver from the printer. Which means you plug the connector into the computer and let the computer install the driver, and then you can print. Apple makes it simple with printers and you can go anywhere for a printer and buy one. Apple does sell them in their store the one's that they promote for their computers, and they are not overpriced at all, but you can buy a printer anywhere and it will work.

Jan 15, 2012 9:14 AM in response to sig

Looks like I am not following right pocedure in asking and replying messages! This is the first time I post a message and hence the mess.

I seem to have disturbed the question from bettyfrom st.george. Yet, I will continue this time here.

answer to prmccar:

It is not this simple. I struggled for years with HP psc 2210 all in one and there was poor driver support and I could not scan.

My interest is to purchase an all in one (Printer/Scanner/Copier/Fax) for home office for iMac with ac OS X 10.7.2. It will be good if this printer has separate ink catridges to be economical. Suggestions welcome.

Help with finding a scanner/printer for Lion 10.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.