Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eMac wont boot from DVD?

Hey guys i finaly got a Mac OS X install DVD (10.6.4)

# I Have this eMac which has this blinking question mark after a few weeks of trying to fix it i gave up THEN i got a mac OSX cd and today

put the cd in and wait........... nothing happens...THEN i restarted the mac and HOLD down the "C" key (with the DVD in it).... NOTHING Happend

..the i press the "Option" Key..... OMG... Nothing happend...

so can you guys help me....

i have the oringial DVD of mac OSX 10.6.4.. and an eMac

P:S..

just wondering is there any way to install mac os x DVD using openfirmware..

eMac-OTHER, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 3:43 PM

3 replies

Dec 7, 2011 6:14 PM in response to kithusan

Yes. Your best bet to find it is on ebay.

You want the FULL retail 10.5 installer that comes on a disk with the 'space' background and the big black X on it. (it looks identical to the retail Snow Leopard disk)

The grey colored disks are *computer specific* for the machines they came with, and NO G4 eMac shipped with Leopard 10.5 as Apple had already changed over to Intel CPU's by the time 10.5 came out..

NO grey-colored Leopard OS disk will work with the eMac.

Black-colored Leopard OS disk is what you need.

There are 'family packs' that are selling with iLife and iWork, but you can find single-pack OS disks much cheaper.

You will like using Leopard, it has all the new security and networking stuff and your eMac will look and act simillar to a new Mac running 10.6 and 10.7.

Deb.

eMac wont boot from DVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.