Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there any peripheral devices available that use the 30 pin port on the iPad?

I am particularily interested in a portable scanner to take with me to various meetings and scan the inevitable paper handouts on the spot.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 6:43 PM

There's nothing really like that. The USB interface doesn't support enough power for that. There is an app called GeniusScan that'll turn photos taken with the iapd camera into scans

2 replies

Dec 6, 2011 7:41 PM in response to swontbeetfrmr

I dont think you need a scanner to do what you describe if you have a pad 2 (with camera). There are some apps that act like scanners. Docscan hd looks like one. Search the app store for scanner and see if there is somethingnthere that will do what you need. You have a camera, you sure dont want to haul around another device.

Are there any peripheral devices available that use the 30 pin port on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.