Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some apps will not open after sync.

Hello,

I downloaded iMapMyRun and Waze. I opened them both just fine and started using Waze without problems. Later, I downloaded eBay. It is a very wanting app but it worked. I later downloaded Angry Birds Free, but I never opened it. I did a sync to iTunes, which told me that certain apps could not be synced because they were not authorized on this device (meaning the MBP I assume). Just after that I tried to play Angry Birds, but it just flinches without opening. The eBay app began doing the same thing. I was still able to use Waze, but didn't try iMapMyRun. I just did another sync hoping that it would straighten things out. Now, I can't open any of those four applications. Everything else seems to work fine. Icons for those 4 apps show up in the recent apps list even though they only flinch instead of actually opening. I have tried force quiting those apps in the recent apps list and rebooting the iPhone to no avail.

Any ideas?

ThankU

Have Fun

DarrellSY

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 12:58 PM

I downloaded another free application and everything started working properly. Weird how that works.

Have fun

3 replies

Feb 15, 2012 11:50 PM in response to mathewjanzen

Refer to this link where I posted further issues and a solution that may help you.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3476409?answerId=17133355022#17133355022

I did eventually need to delete Angry Birds Free. It reinstalled and began working properly. However, I lost my scores and ranking in the top .02% of > 12,000,000 players. I have found it very difficult and frustrating trying to reaccomplish the high scores I had before, but (although not as many points as before & burned out) am now in the top .03% of > 16,000,000 players. So, if there is information that you don't want to loose (& more precious than a silly high score), you may want to continue searching before using my remedy for those particular applications.

I hope it works out for you. These issues are agrevating for me, because I think everything should work correctly the first time and am then spoiled by Apple, which usually does give that outcome.

Good Day.

Some apps will not open after sync.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.