Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop email every time someone adds event to shared calendar?

I have searched high and low for a solution to this, but can't find it anywhere. I share an iCal calendar with someone via iCloud. We both have read/write priveleges, but he created the calendar. In the "Get Info" for this calendar, I have Ignore Alerts checked. But every time he adds or modifies a calendar event, I get an email. How can I stop the emails? For some reason, the calendars I share with him don't generate emails to his inbox - obviously there's a setting that's different somewhere, but we can't figure out what it is. Can anyone help?

MacBook Air, iMac, iPhone, iPad, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 5:10 AM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2012 3:27 PM in response to Coolumfish

I think we just found the solution. One has to log into iCloud.com, and go to Calendars there. Any shared calendar will have a little green 'shared' icon on it. If you click that icon, you can find the checkbox within the window that pops up that says whether or not to email when the calendar is updated. Apparently this is only on iCloud.com, not available on the Mac or iOS.

Dec 6, 2012 1:55 AM in response to Gretchen Daniel1

as i wrote there Re: How do you stop receiving notifications about updated calendar events?:

to NOT get email notification about updated events from a shared calendar you subscribed to you have to uncheck "events affect availability" in that calendars "info" (mac os X.7 and X.8: iCal —> calendars dropdown —> right click on the subscribed calendar —> choose "get info" from the context-menu —> uncheck "events affect availability")

Stop email every time someone adds event to shared calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.