Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 2.1.4 quits with Lion.

Aperture 2.1.4 quits several times a day. Started after installing Lion (10.7.2). I run Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo with 4 Gb of RAM. Thanks, Juan

Aperture 2, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 8:28 AM

4 replies

Dec 7, 2011 10:29 AM in response to Diane and Juan

While Aperture 2 is suppose to work with Lion there have been a lot of posts here from people having problems similar to yours. Definitely if you have any plugins you'll run into problems. Are you getting a crash dump when Aperture quits?

If you're runing Lion you might what to think about upgrading Aperture to 3. Even if you get 2 working it won;t be able to make use of many of the features of Lion. iCloud is one that comes to mind, gestures and full screen mode also won't take advantage of Lion. Getting Aperture from the App Store is $80 US.

Wish I had better news,

regards

Jan 16, 2012 1:48 AM in response to Diane and Juan

I upgraded to Lion 7.2 from OS X last Sept 2011. Apple 2 had been working fine. In fact, it has worked perfectly, so far as I recall since I upgraded in Sept.

Today I have this message, repeated ad nauseum

Error message from Aperture at startup:

• Protection Exception
  • This application cannot continue because another application with an identical serial number is already running on another computer on your network.

However, I do not have Aperture 2 on the other iMac in the house, or elsewhere. (Well, there is a copy of my Ap 2 sitting in my old G5 iMac. But it is not powered or plugged in to anything)

I have a couple of addins. I added Export to Zenfolio, added about 14 days ago, and Export to facebook has been there for months, or years.

I have no duplicate fonts in my Font library.

When I bought my new iMac in May 2011, I was advised not to upgrade to Aperture 3 as a new version was likely. Besides, Ap 2 performs totally OK for what I need. I uploaded a dosen albums to Zenfolio in the last fortnight with no problem.

It's a mystery.

However, since I would like to ensure my Aperture DB is backed up to a Vault before I migrate to Aperture 3, I need to be able to run Aperture 2.

Perhaps all I need to do is remove the Aperture Addons. How do I achieve that?

Anything else I could try?

Thanks.

Aperture 2.1.4 quits with Lion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.